Saturday, August 11, 2012

Royal Milk Tea...it's truly Royal

Since I'm always out and about...I like to bring a bit of home with me wherever I go. One thing that I absolutely love is milk tea. Living in the Bay Area it's really easy to find a boba (tapoica drink) place to buy milk tea but when I travel it's always a challenge. What's a girl to do? The best powdered milk tea out there is Royal Milk Tea. It's made in Japan by Nittoh.
Original Royal Milk Tea

The original version, which is what I recommend, made with 120 ml of water is only 58 calories. That is 1/3 the calories of a normal milk tea. They also make 1/2 the calorie milk tea and an Earl Gray version for true tea lovers. However, loving the classics, I always stick to the original.

I won't lie, I hate powdered milk products so when I have the opportunity, I get a glass of steamed milk to mix the powder in and it's even more rich than traditional milk tea made with condensed milk. Oh did I mention I like whole milk when I drink milk....yup! It's either soy milk or whole milk. I can't stand fat free milk...it tastes so watery and unfulfilling. Yuck. I don't know how people do it.

So my verdict is, yes it's pricey per individual bag and hard to find but definitely worth it when you want the comforting taste of home. The best place to buy it is online, but not Ebay where it comes out to almost $30 a bag! Overall, two thumbs up for the convenience and taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment