Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Eye makeup...two of my staples!

A little background...I had my upper and lower eyeliner tattoo'd out of sheer laziness. I won't lie, the lower eyeliner hurt so bad that I was in the fetal position for 30 minutes after the first time I had it done. For you cosmetic tattoo virgins, you have two appointments about 30-60 days apart depending on how you heal. You have the initial appointment and a touch up appointment to fix it and make it perfect. Anyways, the upper eyeliner wasn't too bad. It was a slight pinching feeling except for the inner and outer corners which felt like hot pokers in going in and out of my eye. Post tattooing, ice packs and some Perocet solved the problem. 48 hours later, the swelling was gone and I had some redness and a full week later...it was perfect!  I think it was the BEST decision I have ever made. I wake up feeling "made" up and ready to go out the door with very little products.

However, when I go out on the weekends or just feeling like getting girly I do the full smoky eye look. To create my look my two must have products are:

MAC Paint Pot in Groundwork for $18.50. It's a great neutral eyeshadow primer that is highly pigmented. You can wear it alone or you can layer it. I typically use this all over my eye and then put my eyeshadow and eyeliner on top of it. I've never had to touch up my makeup even with high humidity, swimming, crying, whatever. It makes whatever you put on stay put. This is the best product because it works and you can make even cheap eyeshadow stay though it won't be dark since it lacks pigment. My favorite eyeshadow brand to layer on top of it is Lancome's Color Design for $18.00 per color.  If you are going to only buy one high end eye product this is it!

My second must have product is a drugstore staple. Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Black for $7. It's totally waterproof, smear proof, cry proof, everything proof. It does not move once you put it in, yet it's soft and glides easily without tugging. I literally buy these in bulk, 15 min. at a time because I never want to run out of this. I keep them everywhere, in my travel bag, makeup bag in my purse, in my bathroom, in the car, at work. etc. It's cheap and it works. It is a heavily pigmented black so it's great for people who can't use liquid eyeliner or simply don't know how. It's not liquid, doesn't have a metal sharpener (plastic one built in on the backside) and will not melt. Stock on when it goes on sale. I've gotten it as cheap as $3.50 with shipping and tax.


Also both were featured in Allure Magazine as Reader's Choice:

http://www.allure.com/beauty-products/makeup/2012/mac-paint-pot-groundwork
http://www.allure.com/beauty-products/makeup/2010/revlon-colorstay-eyeliner-black-brown

My thoughts? Two thumbs way up!

No comments:

Post a Comment