Friday, August 10, 2012

Oh Ferragamo...how I love thee!

So I am a total shoe addict. I'll admit it. I have a serious problem. Luckily, size 5 isn't that common and since I have narrow heels a lot of shoes don't fit me, except Ferragamo. I'm a perfect 5B. Occasionally with patent leather or open toe shoes will I buy a 5C. I love Ferragamo's style and comfort.

My latest must have purchase was an impulse buy. I was in Santana Row for lunch with my very cute and stylish Godson, Brady and stopped into Ferragamo. I did a quick look to see if there were any new styles that I wanted and did a once over in the sale section to see if anything I had on my second tier list was reduced. The salesman approached me and asked my what my size was. I told him 5B but that he probably didn't have anything on sale in my size. I told him I was looking for a casual flat in black since my Varina's were getting a bit old. He told me that it was my lucky day and to wait while he was going to bring out something in the back that they didn't have on the floor.


Lo and behold, he brought me a brand new pair of Bluma's in Black and White with perforated leather cutout's. Oh how I feel in love. It was an instant love and told the salesman I will take them. While I was putting on my own shoes, there was a Shanghainese lady sitting next to me eying the shoes. I know this because I speak Shanghainese fluently. She grabbed by shoe and try to stuff her size 6 feet into them. I almost cried. I told the salesman to get my shoes back. The lady then asked my salesman if they had my shoes in a bigger size. My salesman told her that they only had them in size 5 and she look dejected. Oh well, in my head I was thinking, please don't let this lady who has a lack of manners have the same shoes as me. Because she stuffed her sweaty feet and stretched out the shoe, I demanded my salesman to get me a new pair. Fingers crossed, they had another pair in the back. Whew. Crisis averted.

I quickly paid for my shoes and literally hopped out of the store, happy as a clam. Lesson learned here? Hold on to your shoes after you try them on, otherwise you may lose them to some sweaty feet. Also since they are perforated they don't need breaking in like traditional patent Varina's. Woohoo! Two thumbs way up for these.

Get them now as at the Ferragamo store they were sold out before they even went on sale but I did find it at Zappos Couture for a low price of $380!

No comments:

Post a Comment