Sunday, August 12, 2012

Mother of all concealers...

So I recently did a post on BB cream and said I would go into concealers so here it is!

My requirements for a good concealer are:

1. Adjustable coverage from light to heavy
2. Waterproof or smear resistant
3. Assorted colors and undertones (yellow and pink)
4. Affordable
6. Non comedogenic
7. Gentle on the skin, hypo allergenic
8. Lightweight
9. Travel size

After testing and trying on all different concealers, I narrowed it down to two products.

Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer in Light Golden large size, .5oz  for $42

and



Dermablend Cover Creme in Natural Beige, 1 oz for $35

I found Dermablend through my dermatologist as I was using it mainly to cover up my eczema and freckles. I wanted something was adjustable, durable and yet natural looking. Dermablend is great for people who are older, have dry skin as it's super moisturizing. For people who have oily or combination skin, you definitely need to set this with a heavy duty powder or it tends to slide off during the day. When you do this, it tends to give you a very matte and made up look which I didn't like. However, for my Mother she loves this product and it comes in a travel version that is .25 oz that she loves. For her she does not need to set it with a heavy powder,  just a standard loose powder and the coverage is adjustable depending on her needs and look completely natural. Therefore, this is something I would only recommend to people with dry or elderly skin.  Two things to note are they have a good range of colors and undertones so most skin colors can be matched properly. One other bonus is that is comes with a handy spatula to eliminate contamination in your product.

So for people who are younger, have oily or combination skin, I would recommend Amazing Cosmetics. It comes in a handy tube the size of your standard lip gloss. I know it seems pricey for such a small tube, but keep in mind how much product you will actually need. I have had my tube and with daily use and two applications over the weekend, it lasts me about 6-7 months. However, if you are using this all over your face since you have a lot to cover up...the product duration will vary. I use it above my eyelids and below my eyes and to cover up various moles on my face daily. I probably use about 1/8 of a teaspoon or about a dollop the size of a standard straw opening. It covers all my imperfections perfectly and last all day without a touch up. I usually put it on after my BB cream but before I put on powder to set everything. I rarely touch up my makeup except for the occasional oil blotting paper. My best advise on using this product is to tap and not blend it into your face to waste the least amount of product and allow you to build coverage as needed. The best part of this product is that is comes off easily with your standard face wash at the end of the day. Fabulous!

Two thumbs up esp. since the large size is still okay for your carry-on luggage. I personally keep in my gym bag, carry-on toiletries bag and at home. It's amazing what a little concealer do in the morning :) Let's admit, everyone needs a little help in the morning to look their best "naturally."

No comments:

Post a Comment