Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Windbreaker and Seamless Panties?

Yes, windbreakers and seamless panties. My two newest obsessions.

I'm heading to Peru during the end of the rainy season so I have been obsessed with getting a super light weight packable jacket and seamless panties since I'm going to be wearing tight stretch pants for my Machu Picchu hike.

I, of course went to my favorite store, Uniqlo after a quick comparison shopping trip to my local Sports Basement. I am not really the outdoors kind of gal so I wanted something that was functional, afforable, and stylish enough for me to wear after the trip.

Here is what I ended up getting. The Uniqlo's women's light pocketable parka, on sale for $29.90. It's made of 100% polyester.



The reason I chose polyester versus nylon was because:
1. Polyester is more wrinkle resistant.
2. Polyester is more natural versus nylon which is all synthetic.
3. Polyester absorbs less water and dries faster.

Now the con's:
1. Nylon feels more soft and comfortable.
2. Nylon keeps its color better
3. Nylon is more durable.

I chose the light grey which I think is a great neutral and won't attract as many bugs as solid black. It comes with a neat-o little stuffing pouch which is great. I can't wait to use my new jacket when I hit the trails in Peru.

The panties are next. When you are traveling you want to stay dry esp. when you are traveling to humid locations. Most tropical vacations are humid so the worst feeling is to have heavy wet cotton undergarments. There are two brands which I really like that make really great nude seamless panties, ExOfficio and Uniqlo.

ExOfficio Give-N-Go Bikini Underwear for $18

Uniqlo Ultra Seamless Brief for $7.90

What is the difference between the two other than the obvious price difference? Thickness.

ExOfficio briefs are meant to be a durable travel underwear. It can def. take the abuse and its meant to be wash and wear, over and over again. Their slogan is 17 countries and 1 pair of underwear. I really love these underwear if you are not wearing leggings, tight pants or a have your time of the month as pads or pantiliners do not stick to the gusset of these underwear. They are great when you are wearing jeans, dresses (so you don't need an extra slip) or looser cargo pants. They are thick and you will feel them if you are wearing lighter or tight clothing. I personally don't like the bulky feeling it has but they do the job. I would recommend these as a general must pack but you shouldn't depend only on these underwear for your trip.

Uniqlo is much lighter. It's so thin you feel as if you are going commando. They are durable considering how lightweight they are. I would recommend the seamless underwear over their Airism line which is meant to be moisture wicking. I do not recommend the Airism underwear because if you are wearing them under pants and sweating, you have weird sweat marks on your pants. The seamless ones keep you cool all around and doesn't moisture wick from one area and pool it to another another. At just under $8 a pop, these are more affordable and great for daily wear not just traveling. These are a def. must have for those of you who like tight pants, sheer dresses and not having to wear a thong.

My recommendation? One ExOfficio briefs and 4 Uniqlo seamless briefs is all you need. Two thumbs way up.

1 comment:

  1. It's very excellent blog having nice pictures & beneficial for everyone. For more information you can visit Seamless Underwear

    ReplyDelete