Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Lima, Peru: Day One (4/13)

Day One (4/13) in Lima, Peru


I arrived late and by the time I checked into my hotel and was ready to grab a bite but it was 12:30 AM. I was jetlagged, tired and hungry, yet no restaurants were opened to my dismay. What was I supposed to do? I didn't want to eat an energy bar. I craved something warm. I ended up in downtown Lima eating McDonald's pollo crujiente. It had a perfectly seasoned crust that rivaled any fried chicken place in the US yet this was fast food. When I bite into the first piece, it was juicy and had a great crunch from the crust. It boggled my mind that this was from McDonald's. Who knew fried chicken at McDonald's would taste this good esp. with sweet chili sauce? I honestly ask, why doesn't McDonald's US sell chicken pieces instead of their silly fake McNuggets?


The hotel that I highly recommend in Lima is Hotel Runcu. They have an excellent front desk staff that greets you every time your in the lobby, lighting fast Wi-Fi, reasonable rates, helps to arrange car service, exchanges money with an excellent exchange rate, recommends places to go and even gives tourists safety tips to enjoy their visit in Peru. We had a room on the second floor, 203 which was super convenient to take the stairs up after a long day out yet quiet as it didn't face the main street. They also arranged for us to picked up from the airport with their private driver, Willy who is super professional and caring. He told us to lock our doors when getting into his car, advised us on what a legitimate cab should look like from the outside, and even had a stick to whack anyone who might try to attack us while we were sitting in traffic in some shady neighborhoods. Overall, I had a great experience with my stay at the Hotel Runcu.

No comments:

Post a Comment