Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Happy New Year with Red Lips and Uniqlo

It's the Year of the Snake and Happy New Year/Chinese New Year.

But here is a quick update on an old post...They sell individual poo drops you can keep in your purse! Woohoo!!



Anyways, my two current obsessions are: 

1. Red lipstick

2. Uniqlo


So for the red lipstick, I wanted a reddish blue lipstick to make my teeth look whiter without whitening (which btw makes my teeth super sensitive). I went to try out about 30 lipsticks and lipliners from drugstore to department store to high end beauty store. Here are the three colors that worked best for me given that I am a fair skinned but not pale with yellow undertones Korean female.

Makeup Forever Red 8C-True Red for $18.00

Sephora Vinyl Lip Pencil 02 Fancy Red for $10.00
Sold out but you can find it on Ebay.com

Shu Uemura Karl for Shu Rouge Unlimited in Mon Shu Red for $30.00

Uniqlo. I can't live without my Uniqlo pants. I literally buy them in 4's or more. I hate buy pants because they are either too low cut to hide my muffin top or don't have stretch as my weight yo yo's. One tip is to size up. If you normally wear a small, buy a medium. They don't shrink but they flatter way better one size up. I never look at the label or size but go by what looks good. I'm 5'0 and I wear a Small in Uniqlo US and Medium in Uniqlo Asia with no alterations needed. That being said, they do alter pants $20 for free and anything under $20 for $5 without original hem.

Easy Knit Leggings for $19.90


They come in all the fun colors like red, yellow or purple, but they also have the standard colors such a denim, black or beige.

They are thick enough that you won't have VSP where you wear them as regular pants yet thin enough  to layer under dresses or pants when it's a cold day.

I wear mine everyday. I wear it with heels and a loose fitting blouse to go out at night. I wear it with flats and a tee shirt during the day. I wear it in the winter under my dresses with knee high boots. I wear  them all the time. I can't tell you how much I love these pants esp. at $20 bucks a pop full price they are a bargain shoppers dream!

I also can't live without my Uniqlo Ultra Light Down packable jacket for $69.90. As you can tell, I love travel clothes that are lightweight yet durable and functional. This jacket it 7 oz, packs into a bag that double as a head rest or pillow and cinches at the waist so it never looks frumpy. It's warm and comes in a variety of colors. If you are feeling spendy, I would also recommend the Uniqlo Ultra Light Down Vest to layer inside for $49.90. It also comes in a nifty little pouch and a variety of colors. The two together are the perfect travel companion and a must have! It's def. a investment but well worth it. I always fly with my Uniqlo vest and jacket. I can't imagine going anywhere without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment